Sacred Heart Cemetery
(Formerly St. Mary’s)
(GPS: 500 Marne Highway, NJ 08036)
Contact Information –
Paula Pietrow, Cemetery Manager –
Phone: 609-267-0209 x 304
News and Updates (May 2015)
– Please note that there is some construction currently happening at our cemetery. We appreciate your patience as we make these improvements.
– Seasonal clean-up happens on or around the following dates: January 21st, May 21st, October 21st.
More About Our Cemetery
A final resting place of peace and dignity
Purchasing your cemetery property now, before your family actually needs it, offers you and your loved ones the opportunity of making that important and inevitable decision together. It is a kindness to those people you love to have arrangements made in advance.
Sacred Heart Cemetery is situated on a well maintained parcel of land in Hainesport, NJ, on Marne Highway (Rt 537) at the Mt Holly Bypass (Rt 541).
The cemetery is owned and operated by the Church of the Sacred Heart of Mt Holly.
Persons buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery must be Catholic or a relative of a Catholic. One full plot can accommodate: a) one casket; b) one casket and two urns of ashes; c) three urns of ashes. We also offer cremation plots that accommodate two urns of ashes.
The cost of one full plot is currently $800 and one cremation plot $500, both include perpetual care, and must be paid in full before burial. Terms are $50 down with regular monthly payments until paid in full. If circumstances dictate, more flexible payment plans can be arranged, checks made payable to Sacred Heart Cemetery.
If you have an immediate need, or wish to discuss arrangements for future needs, please call Paula Pietrow, Cemetery Manager at 609-267-0209×304 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRECTIONS TO SACRED HEART CEMETERY
GPS: 500 Marne Highway, Hainesport, NJ 08036
There are three entrances into the cemetery. There is a large Cross Monument in the Center Drive.
From Route 38:
From Mount Holly Bypass turn onto Marne Highway (Route 537)
Sacred Heart Cemetery is on the immediate LEFT hand side.
From Downtown Mount Holly:
Travel East on Washington Street towards Hainesport.
Washington Street becomes Marne Highway shortly before the Sacred Heart Cemetery entrance.
The cemetery entrance is on the RIGHT, just before the Mount Holly Bypass.
From NJ Turnpike:
Take Exit 5 toward Mount Holly
Turn Right onto Route 541 South
Turn Right onto the Mount Holly Bypass (toward Rt. 38)
Turn Left at 2nd traffic light (Marne Hwy/Route 537)
Sacred Heart Cemetery is on the left almost immediately after turn.
From 295 North & South:
Take Exit 45A toward Mount Holly
Merge onto Rancocas Road
At 2nd Light, turn Right onto Mount Holly Bypass
Turn Left at next traffic light onto Marne Hwy/Route 537
Cemetery on Left.
Sacred Heart Cemetery Office: 609-267-0209, extension 304
Paula Pietrow, Cemetery Manager
GRAVE SITE REGULATIONS
Sacred Heart Cemetery
- Cemetery visitation hours: Sunrise to Sunset.
- Potted plants, wreaths on stands, or easels on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. These decorations may be placed one week prior to the holiday and remain for one week after the holiday.
- Evergreen wreaths, easels, blankets and logs may be placed for the Christmas season beginning on December 15th and may remain until January 15th.
- Easter decorations may be placed one week before Palm Sunday and remain until the Monday after Pentecost Sunday.
- Flowers, live or artificial, in cemetery approved vases, must be no more than 10″ out from the base of the monument or head of the grave. Unsightly artificial or live flowers which are not properly maintained will be removed by cemetery personnel.
- Religious statuary, not to exceed 5 per headstone or 24″ in height.
- Properly-maintained vigil lights
- Flags for veterans may be displayed throughout the year. Damaged, tattered or faded flags will be removed by cemetery personnel. Flags placed by the VFW on or near Memorial Day will be replaced as needed.
- All bronze markers, including those for Veterans, will be placed at the foot of the grave and must be flush with the ground.
- Removal (exhumation) of remains to another cemetery is permitted subject to the laws of the State of New Jersey and Hainesport Township. Three days notice must be provided to the Sacred Heart Cemetery Manager prior to the removal.
- Monuments must be approved by the Cemetery Manager for size and artwork prior to installation. All headstone measurements are not to exceed 54″ in height, 32″ in width, and 14 inches in depth for an adult/child monument. Flat markers for baby and cremation monuments. Grave sites must be paid in full before monuments are installed.
- Repair to monuments damaged by nature, vandalism or willful acts is the responsibility of the lot holder. The cemetery management will take reasonable measures to protect graves and property.
- Pets on cemetery property
- Parking on grass
- Crushed stone, wood chips, shells
- Containers such as glass jars, cans, etc.
- Trees, bushes or shrubs, live or artificial
- Flower boxes, glass urns or glass vases
- Any type of fencing or border enclosures
- Lawn ornaments, anchors, balloons, statues and novelties
* These rules and regulations are designed to promote safety, to improve the general appearance of the cemetery, and to facilitate maintenance. Your cooperation in complying with these rules and regulations will preserve the safety, beauty and dignity of our Catholic cemetery. Our Catholic cemetery silently bears witness to the respect we give the human body, even in death, because of its status as the Temple of the Holy Spirit. Sacred Heart Cemetery provides an environment of comfort in times of immediate sorrow and extended bereavement as we visit and pray at a very special place, the grave of a loved one. Updated Spring, 2012